On 8/8/05, Bedros Hanounik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 8/8/05, michael chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> $25
> >
> > > Assuming we went the Paypal route via Fundable.org and the money went
> > > straight to a Namesys Paypal Merchant account; we'd need $ 92024.84
> > > USD before the 2.2% and $.30 USD deduction.  Assuming that every
> > > person donated $25 (which will obviously not be the case; some will
> > > donate more; some might less if we have to scrounge around, which we
> > > might) ; we'd need about 3681 people to donate.
> > >
> > > Assuming we went third-party before Namesys, and that money went from
> > > a third-party's Paypal account to Namesys, we'd need to charge the
> > > fees twice... a minimum of $94095.23 USD would be required; requiring
> > > a minimum of 3764 donators at $25 apiece.
> >
> > Hmm... noticed a small flaw in the calculations -- the calculations
> > are based on the "merchant" rate; which require a constant flow of
> > transactions -- since this is more likely to be a one-time thing, this
> > would probably be charged at the "standard rate"; at 2.9%.  That means
> > the third-party would require $95456.79 USD; or 3819 donators at $25
> > apiece.  Straight to Namesys would require $92688.26 USD; or 3708
> > donators at $25 apiece.  Geez, Paypal is full of nothing but thieves
> > and crooks.  *evil glare*

> how many people are on reiserfs-list?

Good question.  How many are willing to pay $25 dollars or so?

Don't you hate readjusting numbers?  I believe it's been less than 15
minutes... and I find that Fundable says that Paypal deducts 4% for
transactions over $1000... so assuming that... it's 4%, followed by
2.9% to recieve to a Paypal account, followed by another 2.9% if it
has to be transferred to another Paypal account because the account
setting up wasn't owned by Namesys.  Does anyone know of any
alternatives to Fundable.org (apart from manually watching incoming
payments at the risk that cancellation may cause fees to be charged on
top of returned payments -- *sigh*)?

To get $90 000 USD for Reiser4
===== ===== ===== ===== =====

If Paypal account used on Fundable.org is owned by Namesys:
Required before Fees: $ 96550.25
Donators at $25 ea: 3863 (-- mostly because of that last evil quarter
-- if Hans is willing take about 24-25 cents less, we can get away
with one less donor).

If Paypal account used on Fundable.org is NOT owned by Namesys, so
that fees have to be transferred to Namesys via another Paypal
account:
Required before Fees: $99434.13
Donators at $25 ea: 3978 (That stupid quarter in case 1 is annoying
IMHO; especially if it causes the Fundable to refund everyone money
because we're 24 cents short after everything.  *sigh*)

I don't know how we'd manage to get funds from a Paypal account to
Namesys's WorldPay account though -- we'd need to put it through a
Credit Card or something, it looks like.

Do note that these are all aproximations (albeit I'm trying to be as
accurate as possible, but there is only so much you can go; like how
4% is calculated and then trimmed).

You also have to wonder, if we use Fundable.org; are we going to set
the timeframe to 2, 4, or 6 weeks -- or are we going to contact
Fundable and ask them to set the timeframe longer (e.g. 8 weeks).
Though we also have to remember whether or not an extended fundraising
campaign will end up so that we're fundraising beyond when the resizer
would be available anyways (unlikely, unless we end up setting a
timeframe months or years in the future).

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents