Hi,

  I am observing the following Reiser failure:

  I am trying to use camorama with a Creative WebCam Live spca5xx driver
(recently downloaded and compiled) . Camorama does not start and computer
freezes (no response to mouse, or keyboard. Can't change to terminal
window.

  Reset or pull plug leaves Knoppix 5.0.1-DVD unbootable:

  The actual message from GRUB is inconsistent filesystem?! From a boot
loader?

  The 'fix' is even stranger. I execute fsck.reiserfs from another OS
partition on the Knoppix 5.0.1-DVD partition (takes forever). Somehow
'reading' the Knoppix filesystem 'fixes' whatever was preventing Knoppix
5.0.1-DVD from booting.

  I am curious what your comments and/or suggestions might be?

  regards to all Linuxers,
  john