Greetings,

FYI, I have just e-mailed William du Bois - Hans's attorney via his web <->
email bridge at
http://www.trabackdubois.com/Bio/WilliamDuBois.asp
thusly:-

====

I am a user of Hans Reiser's latest software, and am therefore concerned for
and about him as a fellow human being in his current circumstances.

I'd just like to ask a few questions, and would be very grateful if you would
be so kind as to tell me:

1) Is there a need for the establishment of a legal defence fund?

2) Can I take it that the delay between his arrest and the date set for him to
plead is an indication that a serious professional effort is being made to
ensure that he is in fact psychiatrically fit to plead?

I ask this question simply because some of his public writings would indicate
that at times the state of Hans's mind hovers directly over  the line which
separates true genius from insanity.

3) I'm not American so I would like to know if capital punishment still used
in California?

4) Is Hans currently able to receive postal mail or e-mail? If so what is his
address please?

5) Is he in need of any small items for his physical comfort?

If you would care to tell all Hans's user and development community what the
situation is then an e-mail to:-
reiserfs-list@namesys.com
which I believe is still working, would get to us all.

In any case I would be grateful for a reply to my own address:-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Many thanks.

ps Please would you be kind enough - with appropriate subtlety - to let all
the various law enforcement people concerned know that what they are doing is
being watched carefully by people all over the world.

--
Sincerely etc.,
Christopher Sawtell