Hi again,

I would recommend to use on-the-fly conversion to unix-file plugin. It
will reduce
memory usage for incompressible files. You will need to reformat your
root partition.
Use "mkfs.reiser4 -o create=ccreg40,compressMode=conv /dev/xxx" to
enable this.
But first rebuild kernel with the attached patch. This feature is
relatively new, so it
would be better to have a backup of your root partition and update it
from time to time.

Thanks a lot ... I'll give it a try soon when I'll get my new laptop.
Congratulations to reiser4's stability - I ever encountered a single
stability or data corruption problem.

However lately I deleted about 8 700mb files (mpg) and my laptop was
busy for about 5min. I deleted it using konqueror - do you have an
idea why deleting such large files is that slow?

Thank you in advnace, lg Clemens