@Andre, as Rosanna pointed out, from a purely practical standpoint do we
really want our release announcements on social media to be sandwiched
between 9/11 memorial posts? That takes the wind out of our sails pretty
heavily if the goal of our Engagement and marketing teams is to raise
excitement.

"Celebrate with us this 9/11 when we release out new build!" Doesn't come
off well. And, just to be clear, both "Sept 11th" and "9/11" carry equal
weighting here in the USA.

The other side of the coin is this, when chosing release dates, we ~should~
try to choose dates that don't have a heavy negative connotation. This
isn't an America vs everyone else argument, I'd make the same point if we
were asking to release the build on April 15th (the anniversary of the
Tiananmen Square Massacre), etc. A quick Google search of September 11th
brings you to tens of thousands of pages talking about terrorism and war. A
quick Google search of September 12th brings you to effectively nothing
besides it being Paul Walkers birthday (RIP).

Nevertheless, regardless of the impact to countries outside of the USA,
America has REALLY heavily pushed the "9/11" and "Sept 11th" rhetoric in
headlines internationally. The attacks in NYC have now become ubiquitous
with those dates, and for millions of people are effectively inseperable.
And yes, any day of the year can and will be offensive to release a new
version on for someone somewhere, but dates like 9/11 will absolutely be
offensive to millions, guaranteed. We have people in our foundation that
were in NYC on the day the attacks happened, and came to me to let me know
that this day is hard for them. For them this day is a pretty big deal.

So my argument is this. Even if you don't care about the mourning and
negative connotation that people have with that particular date, purely
practically, why would we willingly overshadow our own release?