From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Marc Stern
Sent: Wed 6/1/2005 8:30 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: RE: RLUIPA Unanimously Upheld in Cutter

Footnote 8 in Justice Ginsburg's opinion suggests that the state has no
obligation to pay for an"inmate's devotional accessories." What does this
sentence-which involved no issue litigated in Cutter mean for the cost of
chaplains (especially for minority faiths),for religious diets, or for that
matter the administrative costs of complying with RLUIPA, which Ohio thought
caused the statue to amount to an establishment of religion?

Marc Stern