I tend to agree with Eugene that the initial posts on this thread were
clearly off topic and represented personal animous or favor rather than
promoting an informative discussion.  Interestingly, subsequent efforts to
justify those posts have been far more substantive and useful.

In considering the role of the individual in the law of religious freedom, I
don't think one can draw a single dichotomous line.  Issues fit more within
concentric circles of relevance.  For example, in evaluating the Clinton
impeachment, it seems to me that Clinton's behavior with Monica, while
morally objectionable not only in terms of infidelity but in an abuse of
position and power over a young person who was a White House intern and
relevant to whether or not I might want to vote for him, was largely
irrelevant to an inquiry about the law of impeachment.  His lying to the
Grand Jury, the crime he was charged with was relevant, if not convincing.
Similarly, Gingrich's extra-marital affair might be relevant in making
judgments about his character and intentions, it similarly tells me little
to nothing about the law of impeachment.

With respect to Falwell, his attitude towards the state, the role of
religion in law and how he personally acted in relation to those issues
(whether as an advocate or as a supplicant for government assistance) are
clearly important for this list.  His private behavior to convert an
individual that never involved recourse to law or government seems
irrelevant--unless the person making the assertion can make a connection
that I fail to see.

David