From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of hamilto...@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:30 PM
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: FW: TRO against Oklahoma "no use of Sharia Law"

I don't think Eugene is correct on this point.  His complaint states that he
will be negatively affected, because his will requires reference to Sharia law
regarding his burial.  So I think he is closer to someone who can show
cognizable harm.   I think he may have an argument on ripeness, because the OK
amendment affects how he drafts his will, not just probate after he dies.

If he does survive standing and ripeness, I think a chief problem with the law
is that the term "Shariah law" is vague.  He sounds like a moderate Muslim who
does not follow the views of the radical extremists.  For him, Shariah law goes
to how he is buried and how he deals with people on a daily basis.

Marci

In a message dated 11/10/2010 2:20:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,