I'll wait for others to weigh in on the first, but with respect to the second,

I thought the argument was that the employer can't be part of a system that
involves acts by others that violate his religious beliefs.
How does the cheap supplementary plan for transfusions solve the Jehovahs
Witness's being part of a system that
involves acts that violate his religious beliefs?  Is Hobby Lobby willing to
provide a supplementary, inexpensive plan for contraception?

Marci

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law