I agree with Paul’s comments about most of Greg S's hypotheticals. And to put a
finer point on my post from yesterday – my bakery would be required to serve
the evangelicals even if they were going to serve my baked goods at a church
service featuring worship at odds with my own religious beliefs.

And that is good for religious freedom: just as race-discrimination laws also
prohibit me from refusing to sell a cake to be served at a mixed-race wedding,
religious-discrimination laws prohibit me from refusing to sell a cake to be
served at a religious ceremony that I oppose (indeed, even if certain views
expressed at that religious ceremony are becoming increasingly disfavored in
society at large).

Greg

Gregory M. Lipper
Senior Litigation Counsel
Americans United for Separation of Church & State
(202) 466-3234 x210