So that those on the list will be satisfied who want us all to disclose our
public statements, here is a news report of the testimony I gave
(telephonically) before the Kansas State Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday:

http://www.kansas.com/2014/03/06/3329020/senate-judiciary-committee-reviews.html

The hearing considered generally the degree of protection provided by the
Kansas Preservation of Religious Freedom Act, which was enacted last year, and
whether more might need to be done. The current Kansas House Bill 2453 wasn't
the focus of the hearing, but I did criticize it, as those of you who read the
earlier letter that was sent to Arizona Gov. Brewer would have expected. The
Kansas PRFA is already quite strong, as I pointed out.

This week I will be submitting a summary written statement for the record,
along with a written response to two questions that were asked at the hearing.
I'll post them somewhere, or in some other way make them available.

Mark

Mark S. Scarberry
Pepperdine University School of Law