Hi all,

I would recomment the following book:

*

So, you want to learn Coptic?
A Bohairic Grammar book specifically designed for the non-linguist, designed
to get your understanding Coptic texts from the very beginning without
getting bogged down in the Grammar.

   - Pronunciation rules
   - Grammar explained & made easy
   - 800 word glossary
   - Verb tense tables
   - Examples & excersises from hymns, liturgies, the Bible, Coptic
   martyrologies & homilies
   - 324 pages

 Book Details Hard Cover: 324 pages Edition: First Edition Publisher: St.
Mary, St.Bakhomious and St. Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church,Sydney,
Kirrawee Author:
Sameh Younan Language: English  ISBN: 0975794906 Dimensions: 175 x 247 x
25mm  Weight: 700g   Paperback: 324 pages Edition: Second Edition Publisher:
St. Mary, St.Bakhomious and St. Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Church,Sydney,
Kirrawee Author: Sameh Younan Language: English  ISBN:
978-0-9757-9491-3 Dimensions:
7.44" x 9.68"  Weight: ~600g
*
It is really excellent. You can order on line at
http://www.learncoptic.com/the_book.php

Please bear in mind that grammar in any language would have exceptions.
Also, when we start learning Coptic, we usually start with the basic
grammatical rules but certain articles look the same whether they are for
the rules we know or for rules that we haven't learnt yet. I think the
starting point is to trust that the Coptic in our liturgical books is
correct and then seek explanation for anything that we don't understand.
Actually the email from Emmanuel below is a perfect example of how we learn.

So, please don't give up!

God bless

Sherif