My HP 8920 Service monitor has suffered an overpower condition to the Antenna IN connector for apparently it's last time (Accidental of course!!). Does anyone have a "real" component level service manual on this Monitor?

I have a manual that calls itself an "assembly level repair guide". That's all fine and good. Following it has told me that the problem is in the input/output section (A23). A call to HP for a replacement module sat me on the floor for a few hours!! They want as much for that module as I paid for the whole monitor!!!

I'm sure it's a relatively simple fix with (maybe) a common part, but without any board level docs. it's hard to say. I have disassembled the module to look for any burnt traces or parts blown off the board, but everything looks OK. I ran a few simple ohm meter checks, but with a multi-layer board, I can't tell where some of the traces are supposed to go.

Has anyone run into this before or know of a decent person to deal with when it comes to repair. I really on this monitor on a daily basis, and it's completely usable through the other 2 ports, so I'm not really enthused about sending it off to the repair shop for a few months.

Scott

M. Scott Zimmerman
Zimmerman Electronics
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC