--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Adi Linden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Just breadboard it Chuck. It only uses one chip (the TL084
> > is a quad opamp) along with the passive components.
>
> If you have a controller that does de-emphasis or you don't want
it, a
> dual opamp like the TL062 should be sufficient. That's what I'll be
using.

> Adi
> --

In my particular application, the controller is an RLC-2A.  I found
that it didn't de-emphasize the RX audio well without increasing the
value of the de-emphasis & input coupling capacitors.

Rather than hack the controller, I incorporated a workaround in my HPF
circult: I did the de-emphasis there with the first TL084 section,
then I used a 27K resistor on the output stage to make the output high
impedance.  Doing this removes the 300 Hz high-pass rolloff that the
0.1 uF cap on the RLC-2A's port audio input would normally add to the
response.

If you don't need to do all this, you can as originally stated omit
the first audio stage.  However, don't remove the 27K resistor
altogether.  Use at least a 220 ohm resistor on the output, otherwise
the opamp may oscillate if capacitively loaded (as little as 100 pF
can cause this).

Bob NO6B