It doesnt sound like the 557 is even close. Mayhaps someone on the list has a 9690? Micor mobiles are cheap enough to have lots of spares around. Yes,the wider lead should be the collector. If you are converting to ham band from commercial you should read about the circulator mods on the website. Beyond that, I cant help much.  73,Lee,N3APP

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Parker
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] UHF Micor Tripler

Ah Hem... uh.. thanks Lee, but I've been there.  Here's the deal, the MRF 557 does not directly replace the M9690, i.e., the 9690 is stud mounted and the MRF 557 has no stud and one lead wider than the others, but there is no clear estimation of where the wider or what the wider lead is, I would assume it's the collector, but not being totally sure, I thought there might be some experience out there that could help..  In the absence of any data sheet or other information, I cannot 100% determine that mine is out, i.e, the signal appears to be tripled at thit point, but the power is greatly diminished instead of amplified (the MRF557 is rated at 2 watts and has 6 or so dB of gain (if I remember correctly).  I really would like to know what's going on before I tear one of these puppies apart and get totally lost because of my misguidedness.

Thanks for the reply though,

thp