Vega also makes a box that will do two links at the same time. Dealer
cost is about $875 per unit.

KB5MBK

-----Original Message-----
From: dep_ru_kidding [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 1:34 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: IRLP "TYPE" BOARD LOOKING

Maybe I didn't express the idea very well. If your not familiar with
the JPS NXU-2's they are a stand-alone "black box" that requires
nothing but power, Ethernet 10base=T connection and of course
programming on an IP address to locate the other end.

SEE http://www.jps.com/index.asp?node=89

The NXU-2's will find each other and maintain an open channel
providing all the signaling for repeaters or remote base operations.
An example of the two I have we had one end with a Motorola Spectra
and the other end was a DC remote and it didn't matter where the two
were as long as they found each other they worked. The issue here is
the JPS NXU-2 box's cost $1,500.00 each and I can't imagine no one
makes a similar device for a lot less.

The end result I'm looking for is to use 802.11b modems as the "ISP"
and have the two units locate each other through my network. I figure
with dish antennas and good feedline I should see a 35-mile path no
problem.

I hope this clarifies what I'm looking for, and YES I know there's
lots of old computers out there that could be thrown at this but when
you install stuff in solar powered sites, or sites with lots of RF a
computer running 50, 100, 200 MHz processors might not be a good idea
let alone the need for rebooting these babies ever so often.

But please keep the cards and letters coming, with all that HAM radio
is someone out there must have something similar all ready operating.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Adi Linden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > can pass it reliably enough.  I have a couple of off brand boxes
like the
> > multitechs that were $150 each.  Net2Phone has a 2 port unit that
would
> > require an account with them but, it would not cost to call from
unit to
> > unit.  It is $200 ea. here.
>
> Pretty similar to a Cisco ata186. Our club is trying to link a
couple of
> repeaters using Cisco ata186's. Not sure how progess is going with
it. The
> difficulty I see is passing PTT/COS over a plain voice connection
and
> having the VoIP hardware automatically connect and reconnect
without user
> intervention.
>
> Adi
> --
>    Adi Linden  |  va3adi  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://adis.ca
>             IRLP Node 2590 in Sioux Lookout, Ontario

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:

To visit your group on the web, go to: