From: Mike Perryman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 11:38 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Fiberglass rod

Yep, I am looking for "twiddle sticks" as well.  Was 17° in the shack last
night.  Tuning on a Mitrek, and the waxy substance in the coil forms was
like concrete.  Twisted the tip right off.  I haven't had a lot of luck
with RS...  your idea sounds like a good one...
Just one question.  Which gives up first...  the fiberglass rod, or the
slug?  Breaking a slug can be a real pain in the hiney!!

Mike

At 10:19 AM 01/07/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Guys:
>
>About 5 years ago, I picked up some fiberglass 1/8"
>rods at Dayton. Using a Dremel tool, they were perfect
>for making all kinds of tuning tools.
>
>Of course, after modifying them over and over, they
>get shorter and shorter :)
>
>Has anyone seen these thing in their travels? The units
>I bought were about 8" long and red in colour, but any
>length/colour would be appreciated.
>

>Tedd Doda, VE3TJD
>
>Lazer Audio and Electronics
>Baden, Ontario, Canada
>Way to go Matt! (NASCAR #17)
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>To visit your group on the web, go to:

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

   Mike Perryman                        Cavell, Mertz & Davis, Inc.
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Consulting Engineers
   http://www.cmdconsulting.com             7839 Ashton Avenue
   K5JMP                                Manassas, VA 20109   USA
   (703) 392-9090; (703) 392-9559 fax;  DC Line (202) 332-0110