At 11:18 PM 4/19/2004 -0000, you wrote:
>Transmitter and amplifier manufacturers usually specifies a duty
>cycle (i.e. 50W 100% duty cycle) on their product. then how do you
>prove what they specified is correct?

<---Doesn't it suck they don't give you the complete picture? Duty cycle is
generally related to transistor junction temperature rise over a given
period of time. I guess you could always look up the transistor spec's and
see what they spec as a safe junction temperature.

Of course you could always ask the manufacturer if they guarantee that duty
cycle..

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Be sure to see our products at this year's Dayton Hamvention!
Repeater Builders spaces 707 through 710
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net