Describe the interference........voice, digital, video, dead carrier, etc ??

Ron Rogers
-WW8RR-

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Karr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 11:32 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Help needed finding sources of interference

Residents of lower Michigan,

I'm in need of some help identifying two different sources of interference,
which appear to be originating somewhere in lower Michigan, to UHF systems
in the Milwaukee area.

The systems being interfered with are commercial systems, one of which is a
public safety repeater.

The nature of the offending signals are continuos in nature, and neither
appear to be licensed.  As the propagation across the lake is enhanced,
they become a problem.  Its hard to know how much to trust beam headings
under these sorts of situations, but bearings taken seem to indicate an
origin, of both signals, slightly north of Milwaukee.

While it would be wonderful if the FCC was actually interested in pursuing
complaints of unlicensed operation on their own, at this point I'm prepared
to offer cash rewards to those which provide a verifiable source of these
transmissions.

If you are able to help, please contact me directly for more information.

Thanks,

--Dave