I have seen this done with 8 beams on a 300 ft tower at 450Mhz

-----Original Message-----
From: w9mwq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2004 9:28 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Antenna Thoughts

I have a crazy thought, but I want to get some opinions.  Here is
what I am thinking, only becuase I can construct them very cheaply.
As opposed to using a verticle, what would I expect if I used 4 10
element verticle beams, one point to NWSE, coupled with a power
divider.  My objective in this thought is to foward the gain to the
areas that are of most interest.  I am sure that I will see a few
dead areas, but should be minimal.  Has anyone had any expierience
with this.  This is for a 2 meter repeater, antennas will be up
about 100 feet.  Fed with 7'8" hardline.  Thanks.

Mathew