At 06:04 PM 8/16/2004 -0700, you wrote:

I looked at their UHF preamp literature.  They claim 1-1.5 dB noise
>figure.  If you look up the datasheet on the transistor they use, the
>minimum NF of the device is 2.5 dB.  Draw your own conclusions.

<---Kinda like a company who buys a product at $10 and sells it for $9.
"Not to worry", says the owner. "We'll make it up in volume!"

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net