I had several Moto R100 repeaters. The PA is based on the Motorola
MOSTAR, everything else, I have no clue.

Software can be found at the hackersrussia web site

The software hack to make the R100 go out of band can be found at:
http://www.batlabs.com/r100.html

The programming cable is VERY SIMPLE, and DOES NOT need a RIB
interface, it just plugs directly into the serial port on the computer.
That schematic is at:
http://www.batlabs.com/images/r100.gif

As for using the repeater - I left the R100 controller connected -
somewhat, but connected the audio path cables to the empty DB-25 port
on the bottom of the case as well as bringing the COR, PTT etc, all the
necessary signals down to the DB-25 port. If you have a DB-25 already
there, Get rid of it, its not of any use its some funky phone patch
thingie, and install your own DB-25. Then make up your cable that goes
from the DB-25 on the R100 to your controller. Much much more reliable,
better audio, more options and control but the best thing, you will
then have an IDer. The stock R100 does not have an IDer built in the
controller board.  One of those Motorola - DUH - things I guess.

As for a manual - No can do here. I sold the last manual a while back,
but you can find them at hamfests.

And forget about taking it to a Moto dealer, a few years ago I had an
R100 that stumped me for at least a month with a problem that
disapeared if you had your eyes looking at it - but would re-aprear if
if you looked away. I took it to a couple moto shops - no one would
touch it, Motorola does not supply the parts anymore for the R100 and
the service shops do not want to waste their time on fixing an old
heap.

Don't get me wrong, I like the dang things in fact I'm actually looking
for a couple more just because they are compact.

I have a question though, I've always seen UHF R100 repeaters, Was
there ever a VHF version? If so, I would love to get my hands on one of
them.

Dave Schmidt
N9NLU
Kewaskum, WI