I think you've won!  I wirewapped a "PC" with a 8008 and 2K of 2102
memory in early 75, but by the time my 1702s arrived the guy that I
knew who worked at a place with a EPROM programmer had quit.  I
never did program the 1702s I bought for big $$$.  Driving to the
hill to toggle the control system in wasn't something I thought
about (not for very long anyway!).

73's Skip WB6YMH
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Rogers, Ron"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I built the first micro-processor controlled repeater (what was
believed to be) in the state of Ohio back in 1973. It was the WR8AET
146.85 repeater and the processor I used was the very first Intel
microprocessor, the 4004 which was a 4 bit machine with 16
instructions !!

> This repeater eventually became the W8VP repeater.
>
> Ron
> WW8RR

microprocessor