I really don't think that Q was being mean or hitting
you too hard, I just think that Q was trying to clue
you in on the reality of building a 2 meter repeater.
I have had cheap duplexers (old telephone company IMTS
duplexers) and tried my best to make them work without
success.  I would consider a cheap set of good 2 meter
duplexers to cost $200-300.

The duplexers are not the place to be too cheap.  Been
there, done that, got the IMTS duplexers in the attic
doing nothing.

73, Joe, K1ike