John,

Since I am the "guy running the IRLP node" you refer to, I thought I
might take a moment to reply.

The equipment now consists solely of Motorola GM300's, not amateur
grade equipment.   For the last six months or more both the 2m and
440 transmitters have had large cavity filters in place.  I believe
you may still be thinking of the original experimental equipment used
for proof of concept.   The 2m cavity is a Sinclair 10" diameter
unit.  As for the deviation I have measured it with a Motorola Model
2600 service monitor at 6 KHz, about the same as other repeaters in
this area.  The node can be heard 100 miles away in some directions
by mobiles and those same mobiles running 75 watts, about the same as
the node transmitter output, can be heard as well.   As for the
frequency, I'm running a SIMPLEX node on a SIMPLEX frequency.

I just thought I'd bring you up to date and suggest that you check
your facts next time.

Sincerely,
Michael Bloom W7RAT