This sounds like a viable solution on the surface, however, it may be
more trouble than its worth.  Care would have to be taken to get it to sound
decent.  The speaker grill would have to be sealed properly.  Also, be
careful if you use Maxtrac speakers for anything but Maxtracs.  They were 2
Ohms if I remember correctly.  Not the ideal load for most amps, except for
Maxtracs of coarse ;-)  even if your audio amp can handle it, the audio
output would likely be harsh sounding and hard to control.

Wade - KR7K