Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 08:04:08 -0800

>Oh man, those radios brought up nightmare memories!!!  Only one I can think
>of that is worse is the Johnson 557 UHF radio.

So whats wrong with a 557?  I think I have worked on more of those than any
other radio in my life.  In horrible places too, trash trucks, dump trucks,
repeaters on Santiago Peak.

Change out the 100k varactor bias resistor for a 10k, watch the ce 15 and
tune away the spurs!  The helical fixes all the sins!

td
kfi
wb6mie