Yes, it is guyed at about six levels (from memory).  The uppermost three sets of guys were replaced but I do not believe they added straps around the turnbuckles.  I'll take a peek today.  Our antenna is in the new guy zone.

A side note...  I'm a ten minute drive from my site and can pull up to the front of the shack door.  Any hill in Nebraska over a hundred feet is a 'mountain'!  Compared to some of you who have to drive for hours, hike or even helicopter in, I've got it made...

Doug
----- Original Message -----
From: Joe
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Decibel Products DB-224 Antenna & Noise

Is this a guyed tower?  If so, did they retension the
guy wires after the tower was shortened?  Did they
strap around the turnbuckles? (Not just the safety
wire to stop the turnbuckle from loosening, but a
ground strap.) If they did not, a quick test would be
to use a set of auto jumper cables and strap around
the turnbuckle and see if the noise subsides.  If you
find this fixes the noise, don't add your own ground
jumpers!  Contact the tower owner and have it done
properly.  I have seen clamps put on guy wires to
eliminate noise that structurally damaged the guy
wire.  It has to be done properly.

I think your idea of the winch line damaging the
antenna is a good one to investigate.

Joe

--- Doug Zastrow <