Steve,

Good luck with your RC1000v, I've had good results from those over
the years.

I've got my 1000v schematic out and there is an NPN transistor 'Q9'
between P3-7 and U1-17 (and it has the current limiting 20k R51 on
it's base in series with P3-7-- and a pullup 20k R50 to +5 at the P3-
7 side).

According to my parts layout, if you have the board oriented so the
U7 regulator is closest to you, and the audio xfmr for the autopatch
is on the right, Q9 will be in front of P3 and to the left just a bit
(forward of, but between P3 and U11).  R51 (the series current
limiter) is just to the right of the transistor.

I wish I had a scan or PDF to send you, but I'm away from such tools
at the moment (snowbirding in AZ).  Amazingly, I've got the manual
here!

According to my RC1000V rev 4.4 (August 96) manual (page 11.0), the
controller requires a HI with the decoding of PL.   It looks to me
the logic required for your PL decoder is another change with the 'v'
model as compared to the earlier units.

I hope this helps.  GOOD LUCK!

73
John KF8KK
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I am connecting a MCC RC-1000V (Voice Option) controller to a
Maxtrac
> receiver on the main receiver input.
>
> I have the Maxtrac programmed for a low output on PL receive.
> I have verified this is working.
>
> I have the signal from the Maxtrac connected to pin 6 on the DB 25.
> I have verified P3 pin 7 follows the PL signal.
>
> U1 pin 17 does not have the signal apearing on it.
> If I pull U1 pin 17 low, and COS is true, with the controller in PL
> receive mode the xmitter will key.
>
> From what I can see on the board, there is a difference between the
> RC-1000 and the RC-1000V in this area. P3 pin 7 does not go directly
> to U1 pin 17.
>
> I have checked the schematic and board layout on the Repeater
Builder