At 06:38 PM 4/13/2005, Mathew Quaife wrote:

>Don't use 9913 in any repeater setting.

Would be helpful to state reasons, rather than blunt assertions.
It's kind of like software, I don't want to see comments that tell me
what the code is doing, I want to know WHY it's being done this way,
and not some other way.

>Either find some RG142 or use hardline of some sort.

I've had RG-213 recommended to me, as well as hardlines.
The trend seems to be twoard double braid shields, and away from
foil, and twoard stranded copper center conductors, and away from
copper plated aluminum, which has problems if you nick the copper.

>LMR400 is not even a good choice.  This I can affirm
>to very quickly.  The shortest route is what I took for my jumpers.

I checked with Joe Lanoue, the product manager at Times microwave, he
says the following:

"If there's any concern about passive intermod or noise I'd recommend
TCOM-400, which actually has greater than 100 dB shielding
effectiveness..  Over the years we've received just a couple of reports
of noise on LMR-400.  I think it depends on the system and what's
co-located with it."

"TCOM characteristics are pretty much the same as LMR except for the
shielding effectiveness and PIM.   The specs are on our website."

"On LMR the mechanism for the PIM is actually the contact between the
aluminum tape and the inside of the connector body into which it goes.
The silver plated shield on TCOM and lack of aluminum tape inside the
connector body negate the situation. "

Regards... Joe Lanoue
W: www.timesmicrowave.com
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
P: 203-949-8424
F: 203-949-8423

So, there from the right horse's mouth.  :)
I haven't been successful in running down any sources for this
TCOM-400, but I haven't put a lot of time into it.

I just snagged a bunch of FSJ1-50 on ebay, which will become my
in-cabinet cables.
Half wave multiples unless I have a compelling reason to make it otherwise.

Not the best loss figures, but I don't think the shielding can be beat.
It also fits easily into PL-259 connectors with the right adaptor.

I will probably have less than 20' inside the cabinet.
3' lengths for 1/2 wave on 2m add up pretty quick.