Comments threaded in...

On Saturday 02 July 2005 01:19 pm, Joe Montierth wrote:
> I have used lots of Micor mobiles as repeaters and
> never seen this problem.

Thanks Joe.

> How far down is the spur from the TX carrier?

About 80 dB give or take a bit.

> My thought is that the 910KHz is too co-incidental.
> Look at the RX that you are using to see if it has a
> 455 KHz IF, if it does, it's probably not a spur, but
> an image of the 455 IF.

Uh-oh.  This could turn out to be very embarrassing.  I am
aware of receiver images and have run into issues with that
in the past... however, somehow managed to develop
selective amnesia while working on the current problem!

I just checked all the radios I've been using to monitor
this spur in-house and all *do* have a 455 kHz IF.  I will
have to check the others which may take a day or two.  Let
me also see if I can find a receiver which does *not* use a
455 kHz IF to check it with.

I will let you all know if I have made a really big
blunder...

Paul  N1BUG