Do you have a link to the article?

Richard, N7TGB

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of mch
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:05 PM
To: repeater-builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] OT: NC man charged with 'driving a cop car'
due to ham antennas

This is slightly off topic, but I wanted everyone to be aware of what is
happening to a NC man who equipped his Chevy Caprice Classic with ham
antennas. He is now *charged* with driving a car that resembles a law
enforcement vehicle. Apparently that is a law in NC.

Details here:

This will be my only post on the subject.
Please direct any discussion there.

This could be you if you have many antennas on your car (as many of us
do) and drive through NC in anything close to the same model car LE uses
(Caprice, Crown Vic, Intrepid, Impalla, Etc, or even any of the clones
such as Park Ave or anything based on the same frame).

Joe M.