Yes, I know Mark.  I don't need it to transmit, just monitor
a frequency and only for a few weeks.  Fortunately I'm at a
really quiet site so the receiver doesn't get crunched.
Getting tone decode to work reasonably well was cured by
using speaker audio... guess this is one of those typical
ham rigs that doesn't filter out the tones from the RX
audio.  Come to think of it I had noticed while using it at
home that I could hear tones from some people sneaking
through that RX.

Paul,  N1BUG