Mathew,

I would think that you have a little more insertion loss on the TX side than
you think, or the cavity may need a little tuning. You may also need to try
different lengths of coax between the transmitter and duplexer.

I have had to change the coax length on one of my UHF repeater because the
coax was to short. After calculating the correct length for the coax I was
using for a full wavelength I was getting the proper RF out.

I believe someone else suggested doing this, and it is a very good idea. If
all else fails, and this is NOT recommended with 200 watts RF input, you can
make very small adjustments on the tuning rods. DO NOT tune the rods with
the transmitter on as you can ARC the cavity tuning slug and damage it. Try
1/8th turns at first and see if the output power goes up or down.

I have done this in the past, however it is NOT recommended. Great care must
be taken when tuning a cavity in this manor as the cavity can be damaged
easily at this power level. If you have 25 watts available you should be
able to tune it easier but still be careful.

Charles Miller

> I agree, but at this point, I am only getting 100 watts out of the
duplexers instead of the 137 watts I would like to see.  Now you mention
something that I might now be aware of, and that is the interaction between
the rx side and the tx side, could that have an effect on the power out,
however the rx side of them seems to be great, as I can hear much farther
than I can transmit.  I'm up about 130' in the air with a DB224, the
repeater can be heard for about 30 to 35 miles, but can hear users in about
the 40 to 50 mile range.