Ronnie & Steve Rice wrote:

>I do have the ICS controller connected but added a npn transistor between the
>squelch shunt and the controller as a follower. I have a voltage swing of 1 to
>10 volts with the squelch. I notice that the controller does not respond every
>time when the squelch breaks and am still looking as to the reason. just stops
>seeing the voltage swing. I check with a meter and it is swinging fine.

No additional transistor is required with the SingleM, and may be part
of the problem.
Realize that this board was really designed for the Micor Mobile, and a
Station COS is generated a bit different.  My suggestion is to do the
following modification to your Station Audio and Squelch Board so the
Micor delivers the Active Low squelch logic that the SingleM is looking for:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/station-a-s.html>
Even if all you wanted to do was the COS part of the mod (and not the
muting mod) that will be fine.  This will effectively give you the same
squelch logic as a Micor Mobile, and the SingleM will operate correctly
as designed.

> COS Pot doesn't seem to make much difference where I set it.

That pot only controls the Control Receiver COS logic, not the main
receiver port.

>Well let me double check later this evening as I stared at the project so long
>I was overlooking an obvious diode. Glad you mentioned it sounded like it
>needed to be converted so I double checked the receiver diode first thing!
>Thanks Steve

That's why I started at the beginning...

Please do the A&S mod above and drive the controller from pin 8 of the
A&S board, and all will be fine.

After you get it going, consider the following modification for the
Unified Chassis:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/stationmod.html>

This conversion will even allow you to eliminate the FET you added for
enabling the exciter channel element, if you do the mods to the Station
Control Module as outlined, plus, have nice controls for desense testing.

Kevin