That, Gentlemen, is called "pricing yourself out of the market".  A tactic used when they just don't want to be bothered..

mike
-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Mathew Quaife
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 5:13 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Repeater Funding

In the two cases of tower owners that I called, they wanted $800.00 a month, and required a 5 million dollar insurance policy.  A certainty that we would walk away.

Mathew

Chuck Kelsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hams that have had an easy time co-locating equipment at various sites
often time do not begin to realize just how lucky they are. In many
parts of the country, sites are extremely difficult to come by and keep.

Municipal sites can be a real challenge because of liability and
security concerns. It is even tough to get municipal equipment located
on another municipal site around here. One comment I got from a former
emergency management director was "if we let you locate your ham
repeater at our site, we'll have to let all hams do the same." Then
there's access issues, liability insurance requirements, electric use,
etc. It can be a real nightmare.

Private sector sites are just as bad. Most just say no. Some want
outrageous amounts of money and require professional riggers to do tower
work.

Chuck
WB2EDV