Chris,

I think some of the responses about echolink to IRLP are correct.

IRLP is much more restrictive with their web police terminating
connections if the subject matter such as politics and religion are
discussed.

Echolink is much more forgiving.  I have echolink on my 2 meter
repeater here in Tampa area and it is great system.

Interconnecting them would be good in some applications, but make sure
you get permission from the sysops.  I would think if your application
is emergency service related it would be acceptable, but have to talk
to them.

73, ron, n9ee/r