Date: 02/14/06 03:25:47
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Linking repeaters

We have had a multiple repeater linking system for several years that has
worked flawlessly. The system is VHF (several VHF Repeaters) that is linked
together using a Hub Repeater. A friend Leon N2HLT, you can see his site on
the web by entering his call) has a UHF system that has about fifteen UHF
repeaters. You cannot tell the difference from one of his repeaters to the
other. In my case I have a 447X449 Hub Repeater. Each stand-alone repeater
has a simplex link that talks to the hub.
Picture the spokes of the wheel being the individual repeaters and the Hub
being the HUB REPEATER that ties them all together, you can see how seamless
this can be. My hub does NOT have a tail, as all the repeaters linked are
not mine. In the N2HLT system Leon owns all the repeaters so he sets each
individual repeater for no tail and has his Hub Repeater set with a tail,
thus all the repeaters come up and go down at the same time. It doesn't get
any better. Hope this helps.
73 JIM  KA2AJH