Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 3:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Battery Back-up Question

Hi Doug,

The battery is made up of 6x 2 volt cells.
Each cell is large, can be lifted by one person, but not easy or light. (Talking from lifting them myself)
Each cell is about 400mm high, 200mm wide, and 130mm deep. They have 2 positive and 2 negative terminals.
The casing is heavy clear plastic, so one can see through into the cell for the level. On top are 2 venting caps.

When all the cells are put together, they make a fairly large(long) battery.

What I was working on, if it can run for 460amps for 10hrs, then 460a * 10hrs = 4600/10a = 460hrs. Calculation was way out.

Thanks to everyone who provided help. The real test will be a real test, but if I can even get 80-100 hrs, I would be happy.

Regards

Kevin.