I think this is the first time I have seen "250 Watts", "8877's", and "QRP"
all used in the same sentence.

------ Original Message ------
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> That highly-modified Motorola MICOR amp would definitely fill in some of
those dead spots in a repeater's coverage area! However, most of us would
never be able to get a Repeater coordinated through our local coordination
councils for that kind of output power. Mine is coordinated for 250 Watts, but
a pair of 8877's probably couldn't be throttled back to that kind of "QRP"
power.  ALPHA 77SX HF amplifiers use a pair of  8877's, and they will do 5000+
watts output no problem. But a pair of 8877's are VERY expensive!
SNIP