All of this politic stuff is no wonder why nothing gets done, maybe someone should tell someone its time to retire and put in someone who is not in there for a glorified title shot, I left one group in Michigan turned in my radio and other people left after I did . i nickednamed it the Chicken Band rescue Club and as far as this other jerk he is King Chicken Band Leader.

Until the ARRL Fires the persons dont count on me, like the car ads  0% interest thats my attitude of the ones here.  I have better stuff to do.

Mike Perryman wrote:
My bad...  I checked my notes.. page 363 of the main report, lower right
hand corner.
"Florida state disaster team
set up a shelter, but the Red Cross said it was unsafe
and declined to run it.64 In Pearlington, the Red Cross
declined to operate one shelter because it lacked a
dehumidifer.65"

 "The Homeland Security Department has
requested and continues to request that the American Red
Cross not come back into New Orleans.

The red cross continues to thrive.  I had little respect for them since I
spent time at the Pentagon... after being told "we don't need you, give us
your radios".   I mean no dis-respect, as I am sure all local chapters are
different.  I feel certain many folks work hard, but the national leadership
lacks much in the way of people skills.   On the other hand, a local
chapter, holds the amatuer community in very high regard.  The higher you go
up the chain, seems the more it is about the title, and not the mission.
Seems to be the way of all politicians..  I, for instance, am having a lot
of greif from one of the head-nuts at DHS.  I nicknamed him "Ego-the-hut"
the other day...  LOL!  Brought new meaning to oscillation...

Now..  back to radio stuff ;-)
 73
Mike Perryman
www.k5jmp.us