Wow. Talk about "getting your feet wet".

The CAT200 (www.catauto.com) and other basic repeater
controllers can talk to the Peet Brothers weather
stations. I have three of the CAT200 controllers and
have had zero problems with them. You will need their
serial interface board, which has a microprocessor on
it designed to talk to the Peet weather stations. I've
only used the RS-232 portion of that interface board.
They make several different controllers and I don't
know how many others can talk to the weather station.

There are other companies who make controllers. The
more advanced ones have programming capabilities that
would let you talk to just about anything via a serial
port. I'm sure other people are doing this in similar
mountain-top locations. Give people some time to read
and respond to your post.

Bob M.
======

http://mail.yahoo.com