----- Original Message -----
From: "JOHN MACKEY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I recently acquired a 1992 Jeep Cherokee with the 4L engine & 4 speed
> automatic transmission.  Anyone have any experience to know if I should expect
> to have any RFI problems from this vehicle?

  I have a '91. It has a little bit of spark noise because they didn't put the
right
spark plugs in it the last (actually, only) time I had the plugs changed.

> I want to put the following bands of radios in it:
> HF (10-75 meters)
> 6 meters
> 2 meters
> 440 MHz
> 902 MHz
> CB (11 meters)
>
> Any other advice from those who have had Jeep Cherokees for mounting radios in
> the Cherokee would be appreciated.

  Man... if you aren't running a 706, you're gonna run out of room unless you
get one
of those professional rack setups like what police departments use. I have a
FT-60
(6m only all-mode) and an Icom 2720 under the dash on the left side, I used one
long thick metal strip to grab as many screws under the dash itself, then I
hung the
radios from the strip. I need to hang an APRS radio on the right side
somewhere. :-)

  Good luck. Off to work. :-)

                _Ray_        KBØSTN