--- Thomas Flint <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a dual band magent mount antenna, the other
> day during high
> winds I lost the antenna part.  Do to financial
> issues I am unable to
> buy another at this time.  Does anyone know of away
> I can make it work
> using something else in its place.  Any help would
> be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> KL0LS

YOu may be able to stick a 19 to 20 inch wire,
stainless steel welding rod or similar in the mount.
If it is just a mount and does not have a matching
network in it , it will work both bands.  Should work
fine on 2 meters and while the radiation patern may
not be that great for the 440 band, it will load and
work the local stuff.

http://mail.yahoo.com