Charles,

Thank you for response. It prety much confirms my suspitions but I
didn't have a modeling program to check it out   My inent was to
install the dipoles as indicated in my 2nd arrangement 1 E./1 w. and
2 S. in that order top to bottom.  Your option 1 and 2 are clear but
I'm not sure I fully understand the arrangement in you 3rd option.
Can you give me the orientation from top to bottom of the 4 dipoles
based on the compass bearing each is pointed to, with N. being 0
degrees for option #3.

Again thanks and 73

Doug   N3DAB

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Miller" <ham-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Doug,
>
> I have 3 patterns for you.
>
> First, If you do not want any signal to go "N"  and the signal
equal around
> to the South then take the dipoles and place them in a 60 degree
> orientation. The 2 on the top section should be 180 from each other
to the
> East and West and the 2 on the bottom should set at a 60 degrees.
The 2
> lower dipoles should be aligned 30 degrees to the east and West of
the South
> alignment.
>
> This will give you a fairly good pattern for the area that you want
> cover.
>
> The second pattern that will work is to place the dipoles in a 70
degree
> pattern. Using South as the Zero degree alignment, 1 each at 35
degrees to
> the East and West and the others at 70 degrees past that. This will
leave a
> 150 degree arc or 75 degrees off North. This will provide a little
to the
> North but not very much.
>
> The first or second will work very well. If you need a little more
to the
> south then take the top at 180 degrees and the bottom towards the
south at
> 90 degrees. This will give you a little more gain to the South than
to the
> East and West.
>
> We had to do this in South Texas to keep a FED signal out of
Mexico. The