Gary
I agree with you on the below  when  it comes to an officer using his 2 way radio  while on Duty... But there is a double standard when it comes to hand held Cell phone use  while on duty  and driving...  I highly doubt that an officer  while driving and using  a hand held cell phone is using that Phone for Public safety  or for police business.
Talk about abusing the law.. I was Riding northbound Route 130 from  the Burlington Bridge
  and an Off Duty State trooper  in his personal car  in uniform passed me Doing well over 80 Mph  in a 40 zone On his Cell Phone.  (he almost ran me off the road)   When I caught up with him at a long Light
 I yelled over to him   have a Nice day  and Don't kill anyone  By speeding... He smiled  said Be careful on that Bike   too many nuts out here. then gunned the gas   as the light changed..
Left me in the Dust....

Neal-ka2caf

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Excluded from the subject law while in the actual performance of their official duties: a law enforcement officer; a member of a paid, part-paid or volunteer fire department or company; or an operator of an authorized emergency vehicle.
    I would be careful about trying to do a citizens arrest on a law enforcement officer.  You may pay for that one dearly.  Telling a politician what to do is like talking to a stone who knows how you should live. My wife is a professional lobbyist and works at the State House so she knows what is going on. Contacting ARRL produced zero results.
Gary K2UQ

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS