Thanks for the feedback and general comments... Very informative and good to
have the topic kicked around a bit.
As mentioned previously I inherited a TX combiner on a radio site that has
just grown without any planning and thought involved. There are 5x
transmitters from 151.5 through to 153.025 with the closest TX to TX spacing
being 250 KHz.
    I have seen star combiners that have been fitted with shorted stubs that
"Appears"  to be in the vicinity of around 1/8 wavelength... I was hoping
that there was some theory or maths to get close to this length.
    In the past I have maintained TX star combiners where the combiner
itself has been made for a selective frequency band, with capacitive disks
inside. (These almost always had shorted stubs fitted to a spare star port).
    I understand the theory of an odd wavelength from the cavity to the
combiner (Usually 3/4 wavelength) But would like to know more theory and if
possible the maths that go into proper transmitter combining.

Thanks again for reading :-)

Gareth Bennett

This e-mail is confidential, if you received this message in error, or you
are not the intended recipient,
please return it to the sender and destroy any copies.
Thank you.