Don, You don't mention what band/frequency the Micor is on, (I assume
UHF) and if you have a station monitor as you stated, it has a
wattmeter built in that can measure the power level from the low
level exciter board up through the output stage. Of course, you'll
need an "RF" RCA connector to connect to the low level exciter board
output. Not sure what you mean by the statement "What
difference should I see in exciter output from sitting in an no
receive, idle state, opposed to transmitting?" ???

George

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "donlspivey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I'm currently in the process of converting a Micor (unified type
> chassis) base station to repeater duty. I have all factory docs, a
> service monitor and a Motorola test set, unfortunately I don't have
> low wattage slug for my wattmeter.
>
> I was fortunate (dumb luck, I guess) to find two Micor Unified
chassis
> with ALL ham band split components, (one is missing the PA and
power
> control boards, but it has the "good" receiver). I've got it up and
> running using the original squelch gate card and station control
> module for now. It receives great, the COR is tripping but it's not
> yet transmitting.
>
> Not having a means of measuring the 400mw output of the exciter,
I'm