Check the connections on the back of the meter. I have seen these get oxidized and quit working. If the wires have crimped spade lugs, solder them. Good luck.

Dave Baughn
Director of Engineering
The University of Alabama
Center for Public Television and Radio
 WVUA/WUOA-TV & WUAL/ WQPR/ WAPR FM
Box 870150
195 Reese Phifer Hall, 901 University Blvd.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487
205.348.8622 cell 205.310.8798
NEW EMAIL [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "dadavies3" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 12/31/06 6:41 PM >>>

I use my Bird 43 wattmeter frequently and, until today, it has worked
perfectly. Now, for some reason, there is no meter indication when
transmitting through it to either an antenna or dummy load. I used
different slugs, all with the same result. I tested the slugs in
another Bird and they worked fine.

What goes wrong with these meters? Is it a repair a can make myself
or is it best to send it back to the manufacturer?

Doug VE7DRF