Kent Chong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would like to control ICOM, and Vertex radio remotelly by using the
> tone, for example, change channel, PTT etc. Anybody know the remote
> control tone standard? Where could I find the informtion?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chong Kwan Meng

Hello Kent:

I'm not sure if you received any definitive answers concerning your query.

Many of the Motorola and GE base stations used tone or DC remote radio
control consoles.  In some cases, the supplied stations already were
equipped with the remote tone panel, and in others, they were purchased
as a complete remote system.  Sometimes, DC telco leased line were
utilized and sometimes audio telco lines, whatever was available at the
time.

These remotes could handle one PTT or more (typically 2175 Hz) and
multiple frequencies (F1-1950 Hz, F2-1850 Hz, etc), and Monitor (2050
Hz).  Vega Signaling Products, Telex Communications, Inc. manufactured
these products, and there are a number of others.

Without going on with more details, go to this website
<http://www.vega-signaling.com> and check out the many varieties of
products mainly for signaling.  They had, and maybe still do, a fax back
feature to download their manuals.  It was loaded with neat circuits of
their signaling products, and could give you lots of ideas and information.

Some of the other radio manufacturers had some special requirements for
their remote signaling (don't they all?), but we accomodated almost all
of them.

Have fun.

Ciao, Tony, K3WX